Workshop: Master Knotless Braids
With Celebrity Hairstylist & Creator of the Goddess Locs Dr. Kari Williams
As part of our mission to eliminate pain from Black hair styling, we’ve partnered with Dr. Kari Williams, trichologist and celebrity stylist, to host an online knotless braiding workshop and are granting 20 lucky stylists the opportunity to attend the class for free.
Advance your skills as a hairstylist by mastering the knotless braid technique. Under the guidance of Dr. Kari Williams, learn the fundamentals of knotless box braids, proper parting technique, ergonomics and more. As one of the most in-demand protective styles all year-round, knotless braids (a.k.a invisible braids, no-knot braids or feed-in braids) can fetch prices as high as $300 and $750 — which translates to increased earning potential for you and your business.
This workshop is ideal for stylists who already know how to braid but want to improve their skills. Apply to participate in this two hour online workshop if you’d like to master:
- Proper parting patterns
- How to braid painlessly
- Knotless box braids with extensions
- Proper positioning of your hands to avoid discomfort or injury
- Safety and sanitation
- Braiding different curl patterns and textures
Tools and supplies required:
- Mannequin Head
- Mannequin Tripod
- Duckbill Hair Clips (1 pack)
- Braiding Hair (2 Packs)
- Hair Jam or Gel
- Rattail Comb
About Dr. Kari Williams
Dr. Kari Williams is the chief creator, designer, and owner of Mahogany Hair Revolution—a natural hair salon and hair care studio located in Los Angeles.
She’s highly sought-after for her creative hairstyles that have graced the crowns of celebrities like Brandy Norwood, Meagan Good, Willow Smith and Ava Duvernay.
Check out her receipts:
- Licensed cosmetologist & barber
- Salon-owner for 12 years
- Received doctorate in Trichology at the age of 25
- Creator of the Goddess Locs
- Founder of Beauty By Dr. K product line
- Governor-appointed member of The California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology